We had planned to take a little road trip to Chicago for spring break next week, but instead, we have been ordered to ‘Stay Home, Stay Safe’ by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer. I’m not going to complain because I’d like to contribute to flattening the curve as much as we can. Nonetheless, I feel like I should have a plan for celebrating spring break with the kids to demonstrate that we don’t have to stop having fun when things get hard, and that taking a break from the routine we have established in our isolation is just as important as taking a break from the school/work routine we had before all of this started.
So, some ideas we have for a ‘staycation in place’ are:
- Blanket Forts
- Picnic in the Yard
- Put up tent and go backyard camping, complete with the campfire and roasting marshmallows
- Put up holiday decorations
- Board Game Marathons
- DIY manis and pedis, facials
- Bust out the croquet and bocce ball sets
- Schedule nightly Zoom calls with people we love and miss
- slumber party in the living room
- order takeout (have it delivered)
- bake a cake and decorate it for spring
Do you have anymore ideas? Please share them in the comments. Thanks and stay safe and healthy!