Today I updated my website to reflect that I will no longer be teaching private childbirth preparation classes. However, you can still catch me for limited group childbirth classes or a virtual consultation!
I am making this change to focus on some other business pursuits as well as to free up some time to spend with family. I couldn’t totally let go of teaching in a private format though, because I truly LOVE it so much! So, I have made virtual consultations available. These consultations will be ultra-customized to my clients needs. We won’t need to spend any of our consultation time catching up on basic info like due date, prior birth experiences, etc. because you and your partner will fill out a pre-call questionnaire that I will review in advance of our consultation and then plan out our call based on your answers.
NEW Virtual Consultations
My virtual consultations will be right up your alley if you are:
- Pre-pregnant and want hands on help with planning your ultimate birth experience (which involves healthful choices during early pregnancy)
- Newly pregnant and exploring your birth options (OB or midwife? Hospital or Home?)
- Pregnant again and want a better experience than last time (VBAC, unnecessary interventions, etc.)
- Coming up quickly on your due date and don’t have time for a full childbirth class (you had every intention but time just got away from you!)
- Need a thorough discussion about your options as you are working on your birth plan (What is necessary to include, what’s not. How to get staff to take it seriously, Which things can be decided on later, etc.)
- Want to have a solid toolbox of comfort measures/coping techniques as you are heading into your birth experience (tried and true techniques used by birth pros)
- Have a partner who needs instruction on how to advocate for you (building bridges with hospital staff)
- Would like a better understanding of any aspect of labor, birth and postpartum (from basic birth fundamentals to “things they don’t tell you”)
On the other hand, my virtual consultations are NOT for you if you and/or your partner:
- Need in-person instruction of comfort measures
- Need to touch/feel educational tools for optimal learning
- Do not have a reliable internet or cellular connection
- do not plan to utilize the information provided in the call
- are not willing to make changes to your current plan (if needed) in order to increase chances of a better birth experience
How do I make an appointment?
Good question! You will need to purchase the consultation through my store (linked below – choose the 90+30 virtual consultation) and then I will follow up with you via email to have you complete the pre-call questionnaire. Within the questionnaire I will ask you for your ideal days/times for our call and then we will firm up our appointment via email.
That’s it! Please do not hesitate to message me if you have any questions about my consultations. I’m happy to answer them!
Savvy Birth Workshop (for Parents)
Are you looking forward to having a baby, but worried about all the unknowns… like how do I know if my wishes will be respected? Will my birth plan be followed? Can I avoid a traumatic birth experience, if I had one before?
The Savvy Birth Workshop for parents was developed by Evidence Based Birth® to give you and your partner the confidence and know-how you need to have a more positive, empowering experience in the birthing room.
At the Savvy Birth Workshop, you’ll learn ways to communicate effectively with your doctor, midwife, and nurse. You will discover strategies for asking questions without seeming disrespectful and you’ll get the inside scoop on how to stack the odds in your favor of having a positive birth.Unlike other childbirth classes, we will help you avoid the typical assembly-line care with six virtual “tickets!” These “tickets” are your secret advantage to coping with the unknowns of birth! At the workshop you’ll find out how you can use these tickets in the hospital or wherever you intend to give birth!
We are excited to offer the Savvy Birth Workshop to parents in your community. We believe that the knowledge you will gain from the Savvy Birth Workshop will leave you and your partner inspired, hopeful, and excited about the upcoming birth of your baby… ready to approach the big day with a savvy swing in your step!
This Savvy Birth Workshop at Nature's Playhouse is taught by Jenn D'Jamoos, CCCE, CHC.
Learning Objective covered in the Workshop:
Define evidence-based care
Discuss the availability and pros/cons of local birth options
Practice respectful ways to talk with your provider
Discuss how partners, doulas, and nurses can work together to provide labor support
Describe the benefits and limitations of birth plans
Discuss the human and legal rights of birthing persons